Hospitaller Pavilion General Features & Details
- Construction started in summer 2010.
- Phase I - 400,000 sq. ft. 7 story east wing addition.
- Phase II - 190,000 sq. ft. modernization of original hospital.
- Conversion to all private patient rooms.
- New state-of-the-art ICU.
- Center for Short Stay Care provides single point of entry for outpatients.
- Advanced operating suites.
- Emergency Room to be expanded.
- Total bed count at project completion:
- Private Patient Rooms 306
- Pediatrics 15
- Obstetrics 28
- Intensive Care 36
- Behavioral Health 43
- Total 428
The creation of jobs and consumer spending will support the local economy.
- Equivalent of 164 full-time construction jobs created.
- 800 to 1,000 tradespersons involved over the span of the project.
- 400 to 500 tradespersons onsite at one time.
- 850,000 total construction man hours anticipated.
Energy efficient and green design practices reinforce our commitment to the environment. The project features:
- Site plan maintains natural campus setting.
- Energy efficient power transformers, lighting systems, pumps and fans.
- Use of CFC-free refrigerants in air conditioning equipment.
- Multiple temperature control zones.
- Water-conserving plumbing fixtures.
- Pollution-reducing exterior lighting.
- Automatic interior light controls.
- New generators with reduced emissions.
- Triple-filtering HVAC system to improve air quality.
- High-efficiency chillers and reduced-emissions boilers.
A variety of technological advances support quality of care and the patient experience.
- Wireless Internet Access for patients, families and visitors.
- Self-guided kiosks for patient registration and check-in.
- VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) telephones for enhanced staff communications.
- RTLS (Real Time Locator Systems) with sensors for patient flow and equipment tracking.
- Enhanced automated medication dispensing systems.
- Computerized nursing documentation.
- Web-based patient teaching tools and instructions.
An experienced team of construction professionals familiar with Palos' high standards are working together for the success of the project.