Get Help Today
If you or a loved one need behavioral health services immediately, call our 24-hour crisis hotline at (708) 361-TALK.
Palos Community Hospital’s Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Programs, for psychiatric, chemical dependency or co-occurring (dual diagnosis) disorders, are structured outpatient programs that offer even more support than traditional outpatient treatment. For those needing more intensive treatment, consider our Partial Hospital Program.
Starting Intensive Outpatient Care
Ask a Palos behavioral health expert if intensive outpatient care is right for you. After assessing your symptoms and health history, we may recommend an intensive outpatient program that focuses on:
- Mental health – Depression, anxiety or another condition that disrupts your thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Chemical dependency – Drug or alcohol abuse or addiction
- Co-occurring disorders (dual diagnosis) – Mental health conditions that occur along with chemical dependency
Group Therapy: Your Foundation for Treatment
During intensive outpatient care, you’ll join groups that meet regularly for therapy and are tailored to each individual patient’s needs. A Behavioral Health specialist leads the meetings, which provide a safe, structured, supportive environment for you to:
- Build coping skills
- Discover ways to productively express your wants and needs
- Explore how to maintain good personal relationships
- Find out how your peers manage their condition
- Gain conflict-resolution and problem-solving abilities
- Get constructive feedback on how others relate to you
- Motivate yourself to practice healthy habits
- Receive and give encouragement
- Learn about your condition
Partial Hospital Program
Palos Community Hospital’s Partial Hospital Program, which takes place at our Primary Care Center in Orland Park, allows you to live at home while benefiting from intensive behavioral health care. You may begin behavioral health treatment with partial hospitalization, or use our program as an excellent follow-up to inpatient care. Make us an integral part of your care plan, and get help achieving your life goals.
Partial Hospital Options
You’ll take part in one of two tracks in Palos’ partial hospital program:
- Psychiatric – Helps you recover from only mental health conditions, such as depression, bipolar disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Co-occurring disorder (Dual diagnosis) – For those who need treatment for both behavioral health disorders and chemical dependency, or substance abuse issues.
In either track, you’ll spend time daily in several therapy groups led by a supportive behavioral health specialist. You’ll build problem-solving and coping skills, get encouragement, discover how to cope with stress and learn healthy ways of relating to your peers. Individual counseling or family and marital therapy also will help you feel better and improve your relationships.
Mental illness, addictions and substance abuse affect your physical health and ability to function. So in addition to psychotherapy, you may receive:
Occupational therapy – Builds skills to promote a healthy lifestyle
Medication evaluation and management
After getting care at Palos each day, return to the comfort of your home.