How Home Care Benefits You
To request home care or learn more about Palos Community Hospital’s Home Health Care services, call us at (630) 257-1111. We’re available 24/7 to residents of Cook, Will and DuPage counties.
No matter your age or physical abilities, you want to live in your own home as long as possible. Turn to Palos Community Hospital’s Home Health Care team for help determining if home care is right for you. We’ll develop a personalized care plan involving you, your family and your doctor, so you get ongoing support as your physical and emotional health care needs evolve.
Multidisciplinary Home Care Team
When you choose Palos, you benefit from a multidisciplinary group of professionals who offer attentive, personalized care. In an independent survey, 90 percent of patients said Palos Home Health providers gave care professionally and communicated well. These providers include our certified nursing assistants, who help you with personal care and take vital signs. Your other care team members may include:
- Behavioral health professional – Cares for mental illnesses and disabilities
- Nursing to assess your overall status and communicate with your physician
- Occupational therapist – Teaches you how to more easily complete everyday tasks, such as cooking and cleaning
- Physical therapist – Assists you in improving mobility and strength
- Registered dietitian – Advises you on healthy eating
- Speech therapist – Helps you speak and swallow better
- Social worker – Assesses your social and economic needs and refers you to community resources
Build Lasting Relationships With Caregivers
Count on a Palos registered nurse to coordinate your home care and help make sure you or your loved one gets the right services as soon as they’re needed. Your family is most comfortable with caregivers you know and trust, so the same nurse and nursing assistants stay with you as long as possible. They thoroughly understand your needs and preferences, which improves your home care experience.